Palliative – End of Life Care
If you have a loved one who has a terminal illness they will need as much help as they can. We are here to help them to control pain and keep your loved one as comfortable as possible as they approach the end of their life. Support and care is provided for the whole family. Palliative care gives everyone a peace of mind knowing your loved one didn’t suffer with pain. Our highly-qualified staff are always on call 24/7.
Admission to hospital or a hospice isn’t the inevitable outcome of a life-threatening condition. Live-in Nursing offers calm, compassionate support at a difficult time.
By staying with the client in their own home, Grossdale Nurses will:
- ensure that their client’s dignity and self-respect are maintained at all times
- provide personalised care plans tailored to client’s needs, preferences and choices
- provide their client with relief from pain and other distressing symptoms
- offer compassionate continuity of care
- integrate the social, psychological and spiritual aspects of their client’s care into daily life
- liaise closely with healthcare professionals to ensure the best support systems are in place
- enable their client to lead as active a life as possible
- promote their client’s independence, wherever feasible
- offer a dependable support system to help families cope throughout the client’s illness and during their bereavement.