Grossdale employs Domestic Help; they provide a home environment which is supportive to clients and carry out practical caring tasks. Our Company encourages Domestic Help to use their initiative in deciding with client’s what priority tasks are to be undertaken.
Grossdale’s Care Manager should be informed of any significant changes to a client’s care plan.
Domestic Help duties include:
- Assisting clients in and out of bed, dressing / undressing and with general mobility
- Assisting clients with personal washing / showering / bathing / hair care and other personal care
- Assisting clients to the toilet / commode
- Emptying commodes, emptying catheter bags and re-fitting as necessary, dispensing of incontinence pads
- Cleaning clients after soiling and wetting
- Assisting with feeding
- To assist in the administration of medication, subject to agreed policy and procedure
- To undertake a range of agreed health related tasks, subject to their being part of the care plan
- To carry out all reasonable social care tasks which help promote a network of social contacts and relationships, encourage independence and integration and meet assessed need
- To establish a relationship with clients, giving support to those under stress, and providing a degree of companionship and a link with the community
- Making telephone calls for clients to contact the doctor, emergency services or to make appointments
- To deal with callers to the clients home
- Where necessary to accompany the client to the hospital / doctor
- Reading and writing letters, completing forms
We at Grossdale, regularly seek the opinion of our clients about our Domestic Help through Feedback Forms.