An Office Administrator is a great job which consists variety of tasks and suits those who can multi-task with ease. The person who carries out this job will oversee the day-to-day functions concerning our office and business. You will work directly with a wide range of individuals at all levels – regular staff, management and directors, external clients and suppliers. Office Administrators should possess qualifications in Business Administration or working towards completion of the qualification. Relevant work experience is an advantage to the role if qualifications have not been achieved.
Office Administrator act as the central point of contact for many day to day business of Grossdale Care Agency.
The following are some of tasks and responsibilities of an Office Administrator at Grossdale Care Agency:
- Telephone, email and postal enquiries
- Books meeting rooms
- Undertake IT troubleshooting and liaise with our external IT consultant to ensure the good maintenance and operation of the IT network and website.
- Meeting and event administration (setting meeting dates, collating and issuing agendas and papers, arranging venues and catering, taking minutes).
- Ensure that all filing, both paper and electronic, complies with our data protection guidelines.
- Provide the day-to-day administration for the office (drafting letters, ordering all office supplies).
- Provide some PA and secretarial support to the Director and senior team.
- Support Director in administrative HR functions, such as recruitment, induction and staff annual and leave.
- Working with databases
- Keeping appointments with clients
- Sorting out the post
- Typing – Using Microsoft Word, Office, Excel etc.
- Managing inventory
- Coordinating with other departments
- Working with invoices and receipts
- Managing holiday, sickness, attendance and absence records
- Enforcing office protocols
- Negotiating with suppliers and service providers