Epilepsy Care can be different for each individual, so the need for care can vary greatly. Grossdale Care Agency trains staff how to manage seizures; how to keep individuals safe; the impact of epilepsy on an individual and emergency medication. Training with Grossdale Vocational Institute.
Seizures can be unpredictable – an individual with epilepsy may be unlikely to be able to plan when they will need help.
Our Care Workers have skills to care for individuals living with epilepsy.
The support may include:
- Helping with routine of taking anti-epileptic drugs (AEDs)
- Giving first aid or emergency medication
- Noting any pattern or trigger to their seizures in the Care Plan, which may help if they don’t recall their seizures
- Keeping them safe during a seizure
- Accompanying individuals to appointments and providing descriptions of seizures to their Doctor
- Helping individuals to participate in leisure activities that might pose a safety risk if they were to have a seizure, such as swimming.